12 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it became pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make her wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and also gave unto her husband with her, and he did eat. Moses 4:12
10 And in that day Adam blessed God and was filled, and began to prophesy concerning all the families of the earth, saying: Blessed be the name of God, for because of my transgression my eyes are opened, and in this life I shall have joy, and again in the flesh I shall see God.
11 And Eve, his wife, heard all these things and was glad, saying: Were it not for our transgression we never should have had seed, and never should have known good and evil, and the joy of our redemption, and the eternal life which God giveth unto all the obedient. Moses 5:10-11
By Beverly Campbell, adapted from “Eve and the Choice Made in Eden”
1. Eve was one of the “noble and great ones” in the pre-existence
2. Eve was a partner in the Garden of Eden, not a passive or incompetent participant.
3. Prophets have had visions of Eve in the hereafter.
4. Satan did not deceive Eve. Moses 4:12, Moses 5:11
5. God did not curse Eve after she partook of the fruit. Moses 4:26